Monday 14 November 2016

Week beginning 14th November 2016 

CHARLES & MALA TENNIS
Time & Date: 8:30am, Monday, 14th November
Venue: Youlgrave Tennis Court, Alport Lane Playing Fields
SatNav: DE45 1WN 

NEXT TENNIS: 21st NOVEMBER 16 at 8am
Thereafter, every week 



Charles, my best friend and I have been playing tennis once a week since the summer, as I wanted some variety in my exercise routines as I was doing too much of walking. Charles beat me today! He played when he was a youngster and it appears all his skills are returning with a vengeance. He's got a really mean serve which slams down really low on the court and makes it impossible for me to return. Youlgrave Tennis Court is in such a pulchritudious setting, come and join us sometime for doubles?


BASLOW FLOWER CIRCLE
Time & Date: 1pm, Tuesday 15th November
Venue: Baslow Village Hall

SatNav: DE45 1SR 



It's a Cheshire Christmas, demonstration by Ian Lloyd (National Demonstrator) with visitors welcome. It just so happens that I am going to the Cavendish Hotel for lunch today, so I'll miss the demo but will check it out laters in case they left the flower arrangement for all to see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment